Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


After last week's relatively easy ride at McAllister Park, I decided to test myself a little more today, so I went to OP Schnabel to ride. OP is a better test of my stamina, as it is more technical and has more climbs than Mac.




As I suspected, the result was quite different. Although still respectable, I rode almost 10 miles in almost two hours. I had to stop frequently for breaks and they were a bit longer than usual. I am starting to really feel the difference from riding in the cool weather to now riding in heat. Hot weather is very taxing.

There were several people on the trails and at the park in general. It was a beautiful morning and I had no ill effects from my injuries. My wrist held up fine, although I did notice my legs were considerably more tired than last week due to the climbing. All in all, it was a good workout.


Weight Watchers update: I am now at 15 lbs lost since starting in January; I now weigh 220 lbs. I am keeping my short term goals to 5 pound increments, so I hope to hit 215 in the next few weeks. Baby steps....

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I made my annual calls and texts after my ride, so now I'm going to settle in for an afternoon of sports and a nap!

Big Dog out!

No comments: