Thursday, September 27, 2007

MY MULE


Mom and David have been using their CamelBak Hydration Paks for years and I never fully appreciated the convenience until now. When you ride for two hours at a time, one or two water bottles aren't enough to keep you properly hydrated.

To counter that, I bought my MULE. It holds 70oz of liquid (water, sports drink, etc), my tire repair kit, tire tools, multi-tools, Gu packets, spare tube, and my camera, with room to spare. Yes it adds an extra 10lbs, but it is well balanced and is so easy to use, I wish I had bought it years ago.

Instead of stopping, or chancing a wreck reaching for your water bottle, you just pop the tube in your mouth and presto, you have water! Staying hydrated is critical when you are riding, as you can sweat buckets, leaving you de-hydrated.

If you plan on riding more than an hour or so at a time, I would definitely recommend investing in some sort of hydration pack.

No comments: