Saturday, March 1, 2008

WEIGHT WATCHERS week 6 ARRGGH!!!

After bustin my ass yesterday with the three hour hike/bike, I wound up regaining 4 of the 5 pounds I lost during the ride. Although I still lost weight at weigh in this morning, I was pissed. I felt like I had worked hard and was expecting to lose at LEAST 2 pounds, but it was not to be, as I only lost 1.

Our instructor tried to make me feel better by saying that my body may not have adjusted to my metabolism or maybe I had too much lactic acid in my legs from the ride, since they are sore today. Either way, I was still pissed. It seems that now that I'm getting older, it's harder to lose weight like I used to. I can't take it for granted any more.

Drastic results call for drastic measures, so this weekend I am going to experiment by not drinking so many of my points. I need to lay off the adult beverages, since they seem to make me retain water. (GOD that sounds like girlspeak)

Oh well, I have to keep my eye on the goal and not let it get to me. At least I had a good time on my ride yesterday and that's what ultimately matters.

No comments: