Wednesday, December 17, 2008

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

It's been a blur since Thanksgiving. Christmas has just snuck up on us this year. I don't know if it's because there is one less week between the holidays this year, or just because we've been so busy at work, but it seems like I just blinked and Christmas is next week!

I finally got the lights and exterior decorations up a couple of weeks ago. Mel has been sick, so she was barely able to get the tree decorated today. Last Friday was the McNay Christmas party and we had a great time. After a nice dinner, we all danced to a DJ who actually spins vinyl albums and is less than 50 years old! We had a great time dancing, which we hadn't done in years. My hips were very sore the next day.




The following day, Saturday, we hosted my staff's annual Christmas Party at Soluna Restaurant here in San Antonio. We had a great time and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Sunday, I rode at OP Schnabel and was able to get 12.5 miles in a couple of hours. If the weather holds this week, I'll probably try to ride Madrone longer than two hours.



This Saturday Mel, Cindy, and I are going to the Annual San Antonio Symphony Christmas Pops concert. We went last year and really enjoyed the traditional carols they performed. Then next week, I'll have to work part of the week, but will have Christmas day off. I am looking forward to just chilling out and having a nice, quiet holiday at home.

This has been a long year and I'm ready to get it over with. I look forward to the promise of a better 2009!

No comments: