Monday, December 1, 2008

WHAT A WEEK



Last week Mel and I were both on vacation for the Thanksgiving holiday. After cleaning house as well as the carpets the weekend before, we prepared for a full week ahead of us.

MONDAY - I had hoped to ride my bike, but the weather was crappy and foggy, so I got a late start. I rode a little over an hour at McAllister Park

TUESDAY - got my hair cut and waited for Mom and David to drive in from Midland.

WEDNESDAY - Mom & David drove to Houston to pick up the Batcycle. I rode 13 miles at McAllister Park and had a good workout. Mel and I finished last minute Thanksgiving shopping, then I grilled steaks when Mom & David returned from Houston.





THANKSGIVING - David and I rode 10 miles at OP Schnabel. David wiped out a couple of times and ripped his brand new Pearl Izumi riding shorts - OUCH! The Gonzos drove in from Brownsville after lunch, with Aidan in tow. Welcome to the Terrible Twos! Bert flew in from San Jose around 4 PM, so we finally had dinner around 6 PM. A 10 mile ride and football games all day and night, WHAT A GREAT DAY!







FRIDAY - Mom and David decided to head home early to get some chores done around the house. We kind of just hung out while everyone else went shopping. Later that evening, we celebrated Mel's birthday early, so the Gonzos could participate.



SATURDAY - I decided to ride Madrone solo. I did the first circuit a couple of times, for 6+ miles total. I also tackled a particular ledge that I have been avoiding until now. That gave me a great sense of achievement. Later that afternoon, the Gonzos returned to Brownsville.

SUNDAY - Mel's birthday. She and I spent the whole day together; no bike riding; no football. We had a nice late lunch/early dinner at Red Lobster. At some point during the week, Mel picked up Aidan and messed up her back. She has been in pain the whole day. Ibuprofen and a couple of Cosmos didn't seem to help.

MONDAY - back to work to rest!

All in all, it was a good week. We got to see family and catch up and I got in a few bike rides to work off my stress and enjoy the outdoors. Now it's on to Christmas and New Years!

1 comment:

Albert said...

What the hell am I doing in that picture?? It looks like I am quacking like a duck!!