Sunday, February 8, 2009

BACK TO BACK RIDES!


This morning was overcast and very windy. Much like yesterday, but with more wind. Geez, I thought I got away from that crap when I left Odessa. For some reason, this year has been more windy than usual here in San Antonio.

Since my last ride at Madrone was less than monumental, I wanted to ride it again today. I felt good and figured I'd ride until I couldn't ride any more. There were no other cars in the parking lot, so I figured I'd have the trails to myself; I was right.

I finished the initial 2.5 miles of the trail with minimal breaks. There are several climbs, so I did have to stop and catch my breath, but nothing extensive. My recently tuned up bike was performing like a champ. Once I was done with the first section of trails, I decided to try and finish the other 6.5 miles.




I had forgotten how hard it is to ride the whole trail at Madrone. After the climbs and ledges in the first part, the bulk of the rest of the trail is rock gardens. SHARP ONES. If you're not careful, you can slice a tire, or worse, a body part!




It was kind of depressing to see the lake. Not only because of the overcast sky, but because the water is SO low. We haven't had measurable rain in our area for months and it is taking it's toll on everything. Everything is so brown, it looks like West Texas.



Although I was sucking wind on climbs by the time I finished, I FINISHED! I rode a total of 9 miles in two and a half hours. When I got home, I weighed myself before I showered and I lost 2 pounds of water from sweating. TAKE THAT WEIGHT WATCHERS SCALE! Oh yeah, I am SO over that (I forgot).

No comments: