Saturday, February 7, 2009

GREAT WORKOUT, NOT SO GREAT WEIGH-IN

I had already decided earlier this week that I would try to ride this morning before weigh in and get a twofer this weekend. This morning when I woke up and went outside to get the paper, I noticed that it was very windy and overcast. Immediately the little voices started their BS.



I blocked the voices out of my head, determined that I would ride before weigh in to see if I could lose an extra pound or two. I left the house to ride to McAllister Park, figuring it would save me time. The morning continued to be overcast, but at least it wasn't cold.



It took me 15 minutes to get to the main section of the park and I started riding the outer loop. I took minimal time for breaks, only stopping to let walkers/runners by on the trail. My endurance at Mac is not a problem since there are no big climbs. Madrone is another story.



By the time I returned home, I had ridden an hour and 15 minutes, and covered 11 miles! That's as long as my regular Sunday rides. A quick shower and Mel and I were off to Weight Watchers. I waited in line for my chance at the scale. When it was my turn, I confidently stepped up to be weighed. Usually the receptionist will tell me "good job". Not today.



When I got my weigh in book, I immediately went inside to the meeting room to find a seat. I hurriedly opened the book, only to discover I GAINED .2 of a pound! WTF? I busted my ass for 11 miles to lose extra water weight; FOR NOTHING.



Our instructor asked if any of us faced challenges this past week and I mentioned my ride and resulting gain. She said not to get dejected because sometimes it takes our bodies a few days to adjust to increased activity. FINE. I'll buy that. I'm so over it.



I'm going to enjoy the rest of my day today and head out to Madrone for a ball crunching ride on that trail. I hope the weather holds out, with minimal winds. Hopefully I'll have enough energy to complete the entire 8 mile trail. Stay tuned!

One cool thing this week, when I took my bike to get the spokes replaced and tuned up, I saw a Marin Bicycles jersey. I've been eyeballing one on the Marin website for several months now. When I got home with my bike Thursday night, I told Mel about it. She asked me if I bought it and I said no. She immediately sent me back to Cycle Logic to buy it! Thank you mommy!

I'll be wearing it proudly tomorrow on my ride!





No comments: