Monday, November 17, 2008

GRAHAM HARRELL


This email was forwarded to me by one of my friends in Lubbock. I found it interesting with today's ME, ME, ME, attitude in the sports world, there is still hope. Here goes:


Ok, so you're in your early 20's, your team is #2 in the country looking at a National Championship run, you're THE BIGGEST star in the entire town, you are the leading front-runner for the Heisman Trophy, you've beaten the "then" #1 team in the nation and rival school one week, followed by beating another top ten team the next week, you have a chance at being the #1 team in the country when the BCS rankings come out tonight........


You're a college kid, big man on campus, king of a college town, SO what do you do those Saturday nights after those HUGE wins? Go out, celebrate til 4am and then sleep all day Sunday, right?


NOT GRAHAM HARRELL, last week he was at our church Sunday morning helping the youth with a fundraiser luncheon. This week (today) he was at church again talking to a 5th grade Sunday school class about making good choices. Last year, after LOSING on the road in Austin to the rival UT and getting in at 4am, he just went home and slept and felt sorry for himself, right?


NOPE, he was back at church a few hours later helping with the youth group. Do you realize what kind of influence a potential Heisman Trophy winner can have on a group of high school kids at a church? He's got my vote! Errrr, if I had one!


I'm sure this guy has a world of temptation at his fingertips, yet seems to have his priorities in line. I'm sure he's not perfect, but he's definitely inspires me to keep my priorities right regardless of what's going on in my life.


I have a friend whose cousin plays baseball at Tech and is Harrell's roommate....According to him, what you see is EXACTLY what you get. Great kid, solid values.With all the bad stories you hear, I thought this type of story might also need to be put out there.

No comments: