Saturday, November 15, 2008

RANT


I know that I can be hard to please, and I know many times my expectations are too high, but is it too much to ask that my damn newspaper be delivered on time?


I am a morning person. I look forward to sitting down at the kitchen table with a fresh cup of coffee and the newspaper to start my day. I'm not asking much. That's my quiet time before Mel and the dogs get up; before the day's chores need to be done; it's MY time.


This morning I woke up about 6:45 and went outside to get the paper. I looked in the yard, on the sidewalk, the driveway, I even got on all fours to look under our trucks; NOTHING. Resigned to reading Mel's latest issue of Glamour while I sat on the throne, I was not pleased.


Oh well, I thought, I can have my second cup of joe while reading the State High School playoff scores, to see whether Permian and Crane survived the first round (OHS plays this afternoon). NOPE; still no paper to be found.


By now I was pissed. I went to the local paper's website to email their customer service department. Try to find ANY business' complaint department online; I challenge you. You have to almost try every link at the bottom of their website page.


Finally I found the correct link and described my issue. Now it is almost 8:30 and still no paper. Although I consider myself PC literate, I still prefer to have a real newspaper in my hands. Besides, the power cord to my PC is not long enough to reach the bathroom. I know I could always get a laptop to address that issue, but then there's the problem of it overheating and burning your thighs. I'm sure you have a vivid mental image now; sorry about that.


Any way, it just reminds you of life's simple pleasures. A cool morning breeze, the sound of birds chirping, the sun shining on your cheeks, AND MY DAMN NEWSPAPER DELIVERED WHEN I NEED IT!


There. I'm done. FOR NOW!

No comments: