Saturday, November 22, 2008

ONE STEP CLOSER



With apologies to my family who has Odessa High ties, Mojo is one step closer to the State 5A High School Championship! The beat the crap out of Burleson last night and will face a DFW team tba next week in Texas Stadium.

I for one am glad to see Permian's rise to the elite ranks again; it's been a long time coming! I have many fond memories of attending Permian playoff games at Ratliff Stadium with my then brother in law, Manuel Valles Jr.

Most of the games were played in the blistering cold, so we would tank up on alcohol before the game, drink hot chocolate during the game, then run to the car at halftime to drink more alcohol...good times!

I'm not sure if OHS won their game this afternoon in Abilene, I couldn't find the results online. I hope they did. Now, I am settling in for the Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma game tonight. I can't wait!

GUNS UP! GO TECH! BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF OU!


No comments: