Sunday, September 14, 2008

SAN ANTONIO DODGED A BULLET NAMED IKE


Whew! We were very fortunate here in San Antonio not to have experienced any ill effects from Hurricane Ike. We were told to expect 4 to 6 inches of rain and wind gusts to 65 mph, but it never happened. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.


It was very sad and disheartening to see all of the damage Ike caused the residents of the Houston and Galveston areas. San Antonio is housing some 5,000 or so evacuees, plus countless others in area hotels. I can't begin to imagine having your life turned upside down from something like that.


As I mentioned, our weather was nice, but very hot yesterday. Today was very cloudy and gloomy. I didn't ride my bike today because I tweaked my knee this weekend. I think it was when we were pulling stuff off the deck in anticipation of the storm. Anyway, I didn't want to push it and maybe hurt it more.


Hopefully all the weather drama is over with this year; I don't need that much excitement in my life. Tomorrow night is MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL - Dallas vs Philly. GO COWBOYS!!!

No comments: