Sunday, September 7, 2008

AWESOME BIRTHDAY!

This has been an AWESOME birthday weekend for me. Yesterday I started the day with my usual coffee and paper, then Mel and I went to a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant for a great breakfast.

After breakfast, Mel took me to buy some new mountain biking shorts as the ones Bert bought me last year are showing some wear. She also bought me a new Halo sweatband at Cycle Logic. After that, we hit some of the local consignment shops looking for something to wear for next month's McNay Second Chance Prom.

Then we both went to have manicures and pedicures (I am no longer a pedi-virgin). We wrapped it up by having dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant, Tong's Thai, where Cindy joined us for dinner. The girls surprised me by giving me a new Fujifilm SLR digital camera! They got me good, as I usually can guess what they buy me.

During the day, I received many calls and texts from Mom, the Boys, Michelle, Roberta, and Bert. I also got a couple of emails from my sister Luz Marie and my Aunt Corina in California. My staff celebrated my birthday Friday by decorating my office, getting me a nice card, and buying a decadent chocolate on chocolate cake.

Today, I went for a nice two hour ride at OP Schnabel, where Hopkins and I rode 7 or 8 miles and had a good workout. After the ride, I helped Mel wash her car, I washed my bike, now I'm settling in to watch the Cowboys play the Browns. All of my favorite football teams won this weekend, so it's been nice.

Now to get back on track with Weight Watchers this week and continue my bike rides during the week. Best wishes and thanks to everyone!

No comments: