Sunday, October 28, 2007

RETURN TO THE SCENE OF THE CRIME

I decided to return to McAllister Park for my weekly ride this morning, since my Government Canyon flat fiasco was stilll very fresh on my mind. It was a beautiful morning, in the high forties and clear skies.

I actually found a couple of trails I had never ridden prior to today. That park never ceases to amaze me. It is not a technical ride at all, but the myriad of trails that spider web through the park always make my rides interesting. Couple that with not many people riding due to the cold, and I was happy.
One particular trail led me to the bottom of Mud Creek, the scene of my attempt at flying last June. Here are a couple of pictures I took to try and give an idea of how high it is. There were a couple of riders there and I included them in the pics.


I then rode another trail that took me to the top of the Mud Creek Trail and I took a couple more pics from that perspective. Again, it was a pretty uneventful 2 hour ride, culminated by another flat front tire, but I was within a quarter mile of my truck, so the hike back wasn't bad.

No comments: