Thursday, February 14, 2008

LOVE IS IN THE AIR!!!


Ah, Valentine's Day. For some it is a stressful day, for others it's a lonely day. For me, it is an anniversary of sorts, as 13 years ago, I had my first date with the love of my life, my wife Mel(issa). We have come a long way since that first date on Valentine's weekend in 1995!

I am a better man because of her love and patience; I have also learned a lot. I learned to know what it truly means to be loved and respected by your true life partner. She and I have been through the gamut of life's ups and downs and the emotions that go with it.

I pray every day that my sons will some day be blessed like me and find a partner who truly loves them and accepts them for who they are and not try to change them. By her own admission, Mel has learned from me too. That is what a true relationship is all about; give and take.

Later, as I raise a toast to my lovely wife and our life together, I will also say a silent prayer that all my family and friends are also having a Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: