Saturday, February 2, 2008

WEIGHT WATCHERS week 3

I had a good week this week. I rode my bike last Sunday, and I worked out Thursday and this morning before weigh in. I stuck to my points allowance and didn't have to dig in to my weekly bonus points stash. As a result, I lost 2 pounds this week, for a total of 7.2 pounds since starting back on WW.

Although I was very happy with the weight loss, I really wanted to get below 230 lbs this week. I came up a little short, weighing in at 231.2. Hopefully I will get under 230 by next week.

I plan to ride tomorrow morning and build up some activity points so I can enjoy Mel's homemade chicken wings and some spinach artichoke dip for the Super Bowl tomorrow. Mel has a great baked chicken wing recipe that she got from her aunt Sylvia a couple of years ago. They are not low in points, unless we take the skin off, but they are baked, not fried, and they are not breaded like Hooters wings.

We will find a low point spinach artichoke dip recipe on WW and couple that with some veggies, a couple of beers, and we'll be set. The activity points will come in handy in case I over do it a little. I still have a "weighs" to go, but I feel better physically and my stamina on the bike has improved from working out and losing some poundage.

More importantly, I feel better mentally. I feel like I'm back in control again. That's what's great about WW. It isn't a diet, it is a healthy lifestyle change that puts you back in control. I haven't deprived myself of anything - beer, chips, chocolate, etc. I just keep track of it to keep myself accountable.

If you could stand to lose some weight, I would definitely recommend WW. It has always worked for me; if I stick to it!

No comments: