Saturday, February 9, 2008

WEIGHT WATCHERS week 4 TOUGH WEEK!

Traditionally, Super Bowl weekend is a tough time for me points-wise. I think I read somewhere that Super Bowl Sunday is second only to Thanksgiving as the day everyone plans to eat, drink, and be merry.

Mel and I were no exception. Last week, after weighing in on Saturday, I got a little carried away with my tequila shots and beer. Although I didn't get more than a good buzz, I used up some of my weekly bonus points that I was planning to save for Sunday.

Not to worry, I thought. I could build up activity points by riding my bike and washing the Xterra on Sunday. That in of itself would not have been a problem, but I forgot that I had to go to Corpus Christi on Wednesday for a Food Show.

For those who don't know what a food show is, think trade show for restaurant owners. Yep, you guessed it - FOOD EVERYWHERE! Vendors like Tyson, Starbucks, Carita's BBQ, etc, cooking and having their wares out for everyone to sample. Although there was the occasional carrot and celery stick, for the most part the offerings were decadent.

Think fried everything, pastries, pizza, cookies, the works! They even had fried macaroni and cheese triangles. Needless to say, I sampled my share and exceeded my daily points allowance. The good thing was, I didn't go crazy like a pedophile in Kids R Us. I used the utmost restraint and although I did exceed my points allowance, I didn't gorge myself like I usually do.

To top it off, I wasn't able to work out this week due to several crises at work. A sick employee here, a stressed out boss there, and presto! No time to work out. No problem, I thought. I can always wake up early and go to the gym, or wash my truck before weigh in, which should help me NOT gain so much this week. WRONG! I overslept and didn't have enough time to do either.

I'm sure you can understand my trepidation about going to weigh in. I was debating using my "get out of jail free" pass (allows you to skip one weigh in), but I thought "What the hell. I'll face the music." I ACTUALLY LOST A POUND!!!

I am down to 230.2 lbs for a total weight loss of 8.2 pounds. After last week's debacle, I plan to stay on track with my points and hit the gym at least three times next week. PLUS, the weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, so I will get my weekly 3 hour bike ride under my belt too.

LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments: