Sunday, August 31, 2008

COWABUNGA!

Hopkins was able to join me for a ride at Madrone Trail this morning for the first time in a month. We had an awesome ride that was challenging for both of us. We rode a little over 5 miles, but since we stayed on the first part of the trail, we tackled many climbs as well as some downhills.


Since I had someone with me to record the ride for posterity (as well as to scrape me off the trail if I endo'd), I decided to try some ledges that I was hesitant to ride before. Although the pictures don't do the trail justice, you can see that it's a long way down. You can't really tell the height of the ledges on the trail, so the pictures are kind of deceiving.


Suffice it to say, this trail continues to challenge us and provides and AWESOME workout for your legs and lungs. There aren't many riders who make the trip to Canyon Lake, which makes it even better for us because we have the trails to ourselves and don't have to worry about running over anyone.


The scenery is really pretty as you have views of the lake from almost any vantage point, since the trail is on one big hill for the most part. Both of us were spent from the two hour ride, so combine that with my ride yesterday, and I'm a happy camper!


Until next time....

No comments: