Saturday, January 3, 2009

BACK ON PLAN


Those of you who know me, know that I've struggled with my weight for most of my life. Now that I'm older, the battle is even tougher. With that in mind, Mel and I returned to Weight Watchers today to get back on plan now that the holidays are over.

During the holidays, I felt out of control with my eating. I was fortunate that I only gained 5 pounds since November. My short term goal is to lose 10 pounds, then 23 (my 10% goal), then God willing, 30 pounds by my 49th birthday in September.

During my last two physicals, my doctor was griping about my weight and the benefits of losing the excess fat. My asthma has been bothering me more than usual, in addition to being borderline hypertensive. Diabetes is always in the back of my mind, not to mention the threat of a heart attack. Lately my hips, knees, and back have been bothering me, all of which would benefit from my losing weight.

Even if the weight doesn't melt away quickly, I will at least feel in control of my life again. I have to know that I am doing everything I can to take care of myself. Hopefully I will have positive news to post after most of the weigh-ins. We'll see.

So say a prayer for me and Mel; we can use all the support we can get!

No comments: