Wednesday, January 7, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!


Today is my hero's birthday...yes, my Mom is my hero and she is 79 years old today! While I was growing up, my mom was my protector and my best friend. As I grew older, I tried to be HER protector and best friend.


I don't know what I would have done without my mother in my life. When I was struggling after my divorce, she was my rock emotionally. She was always there with encouragement and support whenever I needed it (and sometimes when I didn't).


My mother laid the foundation of my persona when I was growing up. She taught me to seek the best in people and try to give them the benefit of the doubt. She taught me to be courteous and polite; she taught me to be confident in myself. She showed me the things about my life I should be proud of, instead of being embarrassed.


So here's a birthday cheer to my hero - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I LOVE YOU!

No comments: