Saturday, January 5, 2008

FREAKIN A!!!!!

Bert and I finished our last ride this morning and it was my best one in several weeks.

1) It was two hours long

2) I didn't fall down

I'm getting used to my pedal clips and my endurance is getting better. I still need to lose 20 pounds so my breathing won't be so labored. I was pretty proud of myself because I didn't shy away from any of the trails that Bert went on.

I attacked my nemesis, the infamous Mud Creek descent, and I won. We also had a couple of tough climbs (for me). I found the secret to keeping Bert in sight during a ride: make sure he has a cold and hasn't had much sleep. (Whatever works for me).

I guess I'll be flying solo unless I find another riding buddy. Hopefully Bert will find one that will push him as much as Chris does.

Take care in Cali, my friend!

1 comment:

Albert said...

It doesn't look like much, but try standing at the top of the creek looking down... its a bit different!