Sunday, January 6, 2008

PUT MY MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS



January - the New Year, time for new beginnings. It also means my annual physical is three months away and I have to lose weight or my doctor will chew my ass out again. I hate that.


I can take digs about my weight from just about anyone, except my doctor. He practices what he preaches. He watches his weight and is very slender. I watch my weight (go up); I am NOT slender.


Anyway, January usually marks the time of year that Mel and I head back to Weight Watchers to face the medicine there. THIS year I decided to go one step further and post my progress (or lack thereof) here on my blog for all to see. I figured that would add to my accountability and give me extra motivation to succeed.


This morning after my ride, I weighed in at a whopping 235 pounds! That wouldn't be a problem if I was 7 feet tall, but alas I am not. My height on a big hair day is about 5'10", so that means I am obese by medical standards.


My recent low weight record was 208 pounds for Michael's high school graduation, so I have a WEIGHS to go to reach that mark. For now, my short term goal is 10 pounds. Weight Watchers' initial goal is for you to lose 10% of your starting weight, so my mid term goal will be 23.5 pounds.

I seriously doubt I could ever get down to my recommended weight of 168 pounds, but if I could ultimately reach 190 I would be extremely happy. So say a prayer, light candles, and wish me luck. I'll post my progress weekly.

No comments: