Saturday, January 19, 2008

Weight Watchers week 1

Today was our first weigh in now that we're back on the Weight Watchers plan. I was a bit apprehensive because although I had stuck to plan the entire week and actually went to the gym twice, we had dinner with some friends from out of town last night at Mi Tierra downtown.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Mi Tierra, it is at El Mercado and is one of San Antonio's institutions. If you're ever in town, you have to eat there at least once just to say you've eaten there.

Mel and I decided to take the safe route and eat tortilla soup. It was served in a big bowl and we of course had some chips, salsa, and queso. The key was we didn't go crazy with the chips and queso.

Yesterday at work, I had a taste of chocolate cake, as it was someone's birthday yesterday and I didn't want to offend them by declining (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Instead of a regular piece, I had a sliver and counted the points on my tracker.

The thing that works for me on the WW points plan is that I don't deprive myself of anything. Yesterday I had all the above mentioned, plus a couple of light beers at dinner and I still lost 2.8 pounds at weigh in! Yay!

I saw a guy at the gym that has been working out since I joined over a year ago. I almost didn't recognize him, as he has lost 165 pounds! He didn't have surgery, he just eats healthy and works out almost every day. He said for a while he hit a plateau, but started to eat 5 or 6 small meals every day and it boosted his metabolism. 165 pounds! Geez! That inspired me.

This morning I went for a bike ride and the wind chill was 25 degrees! It wasn't that bad once I hit the woods and got out of the wind. After weigh in, I took down the Christmas lights, pruned our front tree, and raked the yard. All in all, today I earned an extra 17 points in activity points.

I'm hoping to ride again tomorrow morning, before settling in for a day of watching football. I'm over the Cowboys debacle, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's games. I'll post again next week after weigh in with my results. Pray for me to be strong next week!

No comments: