Sunday, January 27, 2008

RIDING BIKE TRAILS IS KINDA LIKE HAVING SEX WITH YOUR PARTNER

(Stay with me here) Riding mountain bike trails is like having sex with your partner - if it get's too boring, try it BACKWARDS! Ok, maybe that wasn't the best analogy, but it got your attention, right? Those of you who enjoy either on a regular basis will relate. For those of you who don't, I'll pray and light a candle for you!

Case in point - I was looking forward to riding my bike today all week long. I'm still not conditioned enough to return to Government Canyon to ride, so I decided to head to my old faithful - McAllister Park.

The last few rides have been nothing to brag about, and frankly have been a bit boring. So I decided to change things up a bit. Mel had to work this morning, so I decided to take my truck instead of riding from the house. I figured if I injured myself seriously enough to have to walk, I would rather walk less than a mile to my truck than 2 or 3 miles home.

Anyway, as I was unloading my bike, I decided that I would MAKE it a good day to ride. The weather was GORGEOUS! Temp in the high 40s, no wind, sunshine, in other words - BEAUTIFUL. As I mounted the bike, I was trying to decide which trails to take first.

I rode one trail to warm up, then headed down another, but decided I would go in the opposite direction than I usually ride. It changes your perspective and forces you to be more aware of your surroundings. Familiar landmarks were now reversed, so it made for an interesting ride.

My stamina is improving, as I rode for two and a half hours, yet only covered about 80% of the park. It was an AWESOME, pedal mashing, leg burning ride; better than I have had in weeks!

I look forward to losing more weight and improving my stamina even more, so I can try and tackle the trails at Government Canyon again in the Spring. Regardless, I fully enjoyed my ride, then Mel and I each polished off a homemade egg, cheese, and ham McMuffin that is only 3 points! (lowfat everything, but still delicious)

The best part of all - I earned eleven activity points for my ride this morning! I'm like a kid in a candy store....what should I spend my "bonus" allowance on? Six beers? Nah, I had four last night. Something sweet? Nah, I think I'll have an apple instead and "bank" my activity points to boost my weight loss this week.

For those who won't be able to get this posting out of your head the next time you get lovey dovey with your partner, I'M SORRY. It made for a good comparison! See you in your fantasies! lol

No comments: