Thursday, January 3, 2008

SAYONARA BUDDY- IT'S BEEN REAL!!

This weekend will be filled with mixed emotions for Melissa and me. Mel's cousin Albert has accepted a position with Qualcomm in San Jose, California and will be leaving early next week. Our house has been Bert's "home base" for the last couple of years since he left Texas Instruments; staying with us between contract assignments across the country. Bert's latest stay was his longest, as his last major contract ended in August.


Although Bert had a bike when he lived in Dallas, he got rid of it before leaving DFW. After seeing me get caught up in the excitement of mountain biking again, he bought a Gary Fisher 29er and has been my riding buddy ever since.



I appreciate the patience he's shown this middle age wannabe, as he is a more advanced rider than I. He pushes me to my limits and then some more. He will have some primo trails to ride in Northern California; I am a tad jealous. Oh well, that gives Mel and me an excuse for a road trip once we payoff some bills.

I hope we get one last chance to ride McAllister Park this weekend; I'm sure he wants one last chance at Emma Long Park in Austin too with his cousin Chris before he leaves for NorCal. That will be his REAL workout; McAllister will just be a warm up.


Bert, it's been a blast riding with you buddy; I'm gonna miss you.

1 comment:

Albert said...

I dont think that you give yourself enough credit on your bike!! It was a pleasure riding with you and the only regret I have is not getting my bike sooner. Thank you for everything you and Mel have done for me and I do hope that you guys can make it up to Norcal so that I can show you the trails that they have to offer.