Thursday, August 14, 2008

ASS CHEWING

Today was my appointment for my annual physical, which I had put off as long as I could because I knew what was coming; my annual ass chewing about my weight. My doctor is really cool and he didn't chew on me that much, but everything we talked about led back to my weight.

  • I told him my toes felt like they had arthritis - he said lose 35 pounds and they won't hurt.
  • I told him my shins tend to be sore long after riding wounds have healed - he said lose 35 pounds and they won't hurt.
  • He took my blood pressure, which was a little high (probably cause I was dreading the ass chewing) - he said lose 35 pounds and my blood pressure will be normal.
  • I told him my weekly rides were 2 to 3 hours long - he said lose 35 pounds and I will ride longer and harder.
  • I told him my new bike tries to become a lowrider - he said lose 35 pounds and it will be the correct height it was designed to be.
  • I told him my hair color doesn't last as long as it used to - he said lose 35 pounds and I won't care about my hair color.

Bottom line is, I have to lose 35 pounds. Mel and I already went back to Weight Watchers, so we took the first step, but he wants to see me again in 4 months! AND, 35 pounds is just my SHORT TERM GOAL. He wants me to get to 180 pounds eventually....I haven't been 180 pounds since I was a junior in high school!

Oh well, it's not like I wasn't expecting it.....

No comments: