Tuesday, August 26, 2008

HAMMER TIME!

After a couple of stressful days at work, I needed to let off some steam. After work, I went to McAllister park for a quick ride. As mentioned in previous posts, we've had a good bit of rain, so I was concerned about the trails being muddy.


As I expected, they were very soft. In areas that were not in direct sunlight, there were deep ruts where others had ridden before me. Not wanting to waste a beautiful late afternoon, I did my best to navigate the ruts and still get in a good workout.


I was able to ride further today in a shorter period of time than I did on Sunday. I rode 8.7 miles in about an hour and fifteen minutes; only stopping a couple of times to catch my breath. My top speed was 22 miles an hour on the levee downhill, but I only averaged about 7 mph on the trails.


I hope we don't get any more rain this week, so the trails will dry out more. It is very hard to get up to a good speed when you are worried about keeping the bike upright. I hope to get another ride in before my next WW weigh in Saturday morning, because I have to lose a significant amount of weight before my follow up doctors visit in December.

No comments: